Thursday, August 9, 2018

Things to do in San Francisco - Chinese Food in Chinatown (R&G Lounge)

Urban Trek USA a small group & top rated San Francisco walking tour provides tips - #UrbanTrekUSATips - to help visitors enjoy their San Francisco vacation. Of course, good food should be part of the San Francisco experience. Chinatown is one of the most popular destinations and visitors usually want to experience having Chinese food in Chinatown.

There are a whole bunch of restaurants in Chinatown and you normally cannot go wrong going to most of them. My favorite - #UrbanTrekUSAFavorite - is R&G Lounge. This place is usually packed for lunch and dinner. I am not one who likes a long wait so I go around 2:00 pm after the busy hours for lunch.

When I go by myself, I just sit at the bar so it is easier to order the Lychee Martini 😀 (photo below). It is always good to start with that. A good appetizer and my favorite is the egg roll with avocado an salmon (photo below).

I believe their most popular dish, and also a favorite of mine, is the Salt & Pepper Crab (photo below). My most favorite dish is the Cube Steak with Macademia Nuts & Scallops (photo below). During my last visit, I tried the Baked Sea Bass (photo below), which is was "buttery"and had a delicate flavor.  The Baked Sea Bass went well with the Salty Fish Fried Rice (no photo), another favorite of mine, because the saltiness of the fried rice, in my opinion, added flavor to the delicateness of the Baked Sea Bass. (Note: Some people might not like the Salty Fish Fried Rice because of a little bit of "smell" to it.). Another favorite of mine is the R&G Beef (no photo).

R&G Lounge is a little on expensive side if you order the specialty dishes. For example, the Baked Sea Bass was $42 the last time I was there. They offer lunch specials that have dishes that are more reasonably priced. It is a good things to do in San Francisco Chinatown.

#UrbanTrekUSATipsChinatown #UrbanTrekUSAFavoriteChinatown


 




No comments:

Post a Comment